Friday, June 6, 2008

Soul Solution Thoughts

Soul Solution Thoughts

Every now and then a desire comes to share thoughts on life. When this happens I say we share, so here I go. Not to long ago I had to sit through a day of traffic court. For those that have not been before you must understand that it can turn out to be a full day hearing others cases before they get to yours. Being that this was not my first time in court I was familiar with the process, none the less that morning I found myself to be in quite a foul mood not wanting to wait. After about a half-hour of that the realization that I had no power to exspediate the process kicked in and I wondered what else I could do to feel better. The thought "Here and Now" came to mind, maybe it was because of all of the role calls and case numbers that were being shouted out to determine if folks were present or not. Was I present? not really with my foul attitude. I started to say "God wants me to be Here and Now" "I want me to be Here and Now" I started to think "this is where I am and that's not going to change anytime soon so why don't I focus on being present." My mood started to improve. I took in the court room, everyone who was there, everything that was there. It was quite interesting how quickly the tide turned for me once my focus shifted to the present moment. I know being truely present is part of any Soul Solution but I guess sometimes I forget to try and be present for every moment, especially those foul mood traffic court room ones. Price of that realization, a $440 ticket and it was totally worth it.

No comments: